Using Tags to Locate and Manage Your Clients
Once you have divided your clients into groups based on tags, you are set to organize, filter, and slice and dice your client list to quickly reach the data you need. This article explains how to do filtering and perform bulk operations on a group.
Note: For detailed information about tags and how to create them, refer to Managing Tags in Your Client List.
Filtering the Client List
Wolbix offers two convenient methods of filtering by tags: from the Dashboard and from the Clients page.
Filtering by Tags from the Dashboard
Filtering from the Dashboard lets you view clients who are in the largest groups (i.e., who have tags that are assigned most frequently). This option is fast and useful, but it allows you to select from the top tags only, and you can choose only one tag at a time.
To filter by tags from the Dashboard:
At the left side of the Wolbix console, click Dashboard. Then, from the Top tags frame at the right side of the Dashboard (under the list of recently active clients), click the tag you need.
The Clients page then opens, with the Client list automatically filtered for clients who have the tag you selected.
Filtering by Tags from the Clients Page
The Clients page offers more precise filtering options, so you can search for groups according to all tags and/or any combination of tags.
To filter by tags from the Clients page:
At the left side of the Wolbix console, click Clients. Then, at the right side of the page, under Filter Clients, select the Tags checkbox.
The Client list is immediately filtered for all clients who have been assigned tags.
Step 2: To continue filtering according to one or more specific tags, click in the Search by Tags field.
All previously created tags appear in a popup menu. To filter by one of these tags, simply click the one you need. The menu list remains open so you can select additional tags if necessary.
Each time you select a tag, the Client list is filtered by that tag as well as the ones you previously selected.
Step 3: When you are finished selecting tags, click anywhere on the screen to close the popup menu.
Step 4: By default, the Client list is filtered to show all clients who have any of the tags that you selected. If you want to see only clients who have been assigned all the selected tags, click the And radio button. For example:
Performing Bulk Actions on a Client Group
Organizing your client base using tags saves you time by reducing the need for repetitive operations to handle each client individually. When you have client groups, you can perform actions to manage all the clients in a group in one smooth process. For example, you can filter your Clients list for contacts who have a vegan tag, and then send those clients a bulk invitation to join a cooking workshop:
The following procedure shows how to initiate bulk actions for a group of clients.
To initiate bulk actions on a client group:
Step 1: Filter the Client list according to the relevant tags. (For more information, refer to Filtering the Client List.)
Step 2: To select all clients on the filtered list, at the top of the Clients page, click Select, and then click All.
Once clients are selected, additional actions appear in the bar at the top of the Clients list.
Step 3: Continue by selecting the action that you want to perform. Available actions are summarized below the figure.
* Invite via Email: Allows you to send a bulk email inviting the selected clients to visit the client portal, schedule an appointment, share a document, pay bills and more. You can customize the text of the email according to the context of the invitation.
* Manage tags: Enables you to assign more tags to or remove tags from the selected clients.
* Change status: Allows you to update the status of the selected clients. For more details, refer to Managing Client Status.
* Delete: Changes the status of the selected clients to Deleted. Note that a client will not be removed from your client list until you have permanently deleted all conversations with that client.
* New Message: Allows you to compose and send an email message to the selected clients.
* New Document: Enables you to add a document to the Client Cards of the selected clients, and, if relevant, share the document with those clients. For more information about working with documents, click here.
Still have questions? Contact us.